Over a Hundred Years of History

Recognised by the R&A in 1909, there is evidence that Golf has been played on this site since 1907. The land on which the course was built was originally fields and orchard land and the fairways were kept short by grazing sheep. In 1921 the land was purchased by Bexleyheath Golf Club Limited, a company whose share holders were members of the club. The Limited Company was run by a board and the golf club leased the land to play golf on. The club is managed by a Committee. The course is a Borough Grade 1 Site of Importance for Nature Conservation and contains the last remnants of the Heath which gave Bexleyheath its name. The course has been rearranged on two occasions; firstly when the when the A2 trunk road was constructed and then again when it was widened to a dual carriageway in 1968. At that time, the access to Iris Avenue was created from Upton Road and this caused the 7th green to be relocated. Since then, the course has remained essentially the same although the installation of fairway Watermation and improved green keeping techniques has seen playing conditions improve greatly.
Despite the many changes over the years, the essence of the club has remained. And it is known as one of the friendliest clubs around.

Loading the Calendar...
  • 2018-03-21
  • 2018-03-22
  • 2018-03-23
  • 2018-03-24
  • 2018-03-25
Need to know more weather details? Click here to see the weather for the next 5 days.
  • Sunday Lunch
  • The London Golf performance Academy
Course Status
Currently open
20.03.2018 07:19
With the following restrictions: Preferred Lies Please follow the trolley sign on the 7th/16th green to protect new turf thanks. :